Being promoted to the position of 'Grandparents'!

2011 - will be an AWESOME year for the Nelson/Lynn family. Our beautiful daughter and son-in-law are blessing us with our first grandchild - a boy. Christopher Aiden Lynn is due to arrive June 30 (the same date his Mama was due! How cool is that?)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Final Day :-(


We woke up to a brisk 4 degrees...yup, that's "4". Windchills up on the mountain were predicted to be 2 to 3 degrees below zero. I think the high up there was around 11 degrees. My darling daughter had to forego skiing today due to a nasty cough, cold and fever she developed yesterday. She was bummed, so was I. Dad and I tagged teamed her care. He skiied this morning, I went back late this afternoon for the second shift. Dad and I are both pretty much beginners...this was our second trip. He, under the very able coaching of my sister - the veteran - promoted himself from beginner to a "Blue" slope master. (For those who are unfamiliar with 'ski' lingo - "Green" is easier, "Blue" is more difficult, and "Black" and "Double Black" is difficult to 'are you nuts?'.)


Sister was out on the slopes non-stop yesterday, and today. She was ready to go back to a little slower pace by the time I got to get out there and give it a 'go' again. That worked out well for me. So, I too, under her very able instruction, went from 'Beginner' to master a "Blue" slope. (What I won't say is that she didn't tell me we were on the "Blues" until after we were down and changed to go back to the hotel!) It was SO AWESOME! I was ready to do it again, but we didn't have enough time. Oh well, we'll have to wait until next year.





Our motorcoach parked at our home away from home...




The kids played a little UNO after a morning of skiing.



6 comments:

Sharon said...

Today was TOTALLY WICKED!!!!!!

:) I loved it.

Sharon said...

And yes, she is sitting right here next to me in our hotel blogging, and I am right next to her in our hotel blogging. What? We're weird, so what. :)

duopastorale said...

Is that Farenheit? Wow, now that IS cold. Oh er..

Lissa said...

On second thought, I'm kind of glad I'm not there. Four degrees is really not my cup of tea.
We did miss you last night at Unity practice, though! ED is sick, so we had a small group and lots of giggles!

Erin said...

Glad you had so much fun! (Well, other than T being sick) :( Yay graduating off the bunny slopes!

Melissa's right! Small group...lots of giggles...and quite a bit of mumbling along to newer songs... rotfl :-D

Paulie said...

Definitely jealous here!