Being promoted to the position of 'Grandparents'!

2011 - will be an AWESOME year for the Nelson/Lynn family. Our beautiful daughter and son-in-law are blessing us with our first grandchild - a boy. Christopher Aiden Lynn is due to arrive June 30 (the same date his Mama was due! How cool is that?)

Friday, March 21, 2008

When I grow up...

One day, when I grow up...



I want to be a big, shiny black Grand Piano!

It finally arrived! After waiting most of the day for the truck to arrive, Parsley's Piano Service pulled into the driveway and unloaded this beautiful instrument into my livingroom! Okay folks, this is not just a 'PSO' (piano-shaped object), not a mere piece of furniture, although it is quite striking, don't you think? This is a rich-toned fabulous sounding instrument with a fine and responsive touch! This thing will definitely talk!

The first piano in this blog is a lovely Baldwin console model - a 125th anniversary edition - that I originally purchased in 1987. It has served me well - lots of memories were made on that instrument. Hopefully, it will go to a little girl or boy somewhere who is just starting on their journey of discovering the joy of music.


The experience of getting this Grand, after dreaming of it for so many years but never believing it could really happen, ranks in the top 5 greatest moments of my life! I captured the whole delivery and setup process in pictures. Did you really expect anything less! If you have ever been curious as to how one of these baby's gets to its destination...check out the photos on my Flickr.

To God be the Glory
Great things He has done
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son
Who yielded His life, an atonement for sin
and opened the pathway so all could go in!

Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord
Let the earth hear his voice!
Praise the Lord
Praise the Lord
Let the people rejoice!
Oh come to the Father, through Jesus, the Son
and give Him the glory, Great Things He has done!

6 comments:

duopastorale said...

Looks lovely there. Wish I could hear you play.

Debbie365 said...

The first song I played on it, was the one I used to 'test drive' it. "Via Dolorosa", an arrangement for piano solo from the Sandi Patti book, 'Come Before Him'. The piece covers all the ranges of the keyboard, so it was perfect! If you don't have that book already you should get it, Mike!

Linda said...

I heard you had to wait all day. But, good/great things happen to those who wait! I'm sure you will make many new memories around this beautiful piece of art!

Paulie said...

What a wonderful treasure and that you can play it so well is a treasure to those who hear you! Happy Easter! I also commented in the post below.

imac said...

Now you can tape and play your music with your posts.:)

Carla said...

You need to get your brother to record you and make a CD like my mom did. Then you need to send me one!!!! Do you take requests?