Being promoted to the position of 'Grandparents'!

2011 - will be an AWESOME year for the Nelson/Lynn family. Our beautiful daughter and son-in-law are blessing us with our first grandchild - a boy. Christopher Aiden Lynn is due to arrive June 30 (the same date his Mama was due! How cool is that?)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our First Photo Shoot

My Sister (adorned for the Easter Drama) and Brother.....
The both of them out at the end of a VERY rickety dock on the St. Johns. Risking life and limb to get that perfect shot! For the first time in our lives, we share an interest in the same hobby - photography. So, after lunch on Sunday, we embarked on the first, of I hope to be many, photo shooting excursions.

...and, after much cajoling and encouragement, they convinced me that, alas, I would not fall to my death in the mirey muck below (even though I SWEAR those pilings were swaying at least 2 feet in both directions when you walked across them!) I, too, risked life and limb to capture that perfect shot. So, with all the expertise I could muster (and the magic of my photo editing software) I managed to come up with some okay stuff. We have a lot to learn! And what is the "P" setting all about? Such mysteries of life!



Ahhh...back on solid ground...man checking out his 'macro' setting!

Even weeds are lovely when taken with a Canon Digital Rebel! Sorry, Brother...did I mention CANON RULES????

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Very nice - looks like you guys had lots of fun!! Let mom know when you find out what the "p" setting is. :)

Debbie365 said...

I should really read my manual! Ha!

Sharon said...

Yes, we have a lot to learn...but we do know the most important fact...CANON RULES!!! :)
Well, that, and go on a diet before we brave that dock again...

MamaGord said...

I am sorry but I think Kodak is the best :oP Those pics are are really cool though.